This Article Applies to:
- Business Hub
To better provide our customers and partners with all of the tools necessary to manage their devices, Avast has created a multi-tenant cloud-based Console to supplement the Avast Business Cloud Console. This gives administrators and partners a simple overview of all customers and the status of their devices. Many functions still remain inside the base Cloud Console, particularly for more nuanced management.
The normal Hub allows users to create Sites, but if a Partner registers for the Hub via the Partner Portal, their Console will use "Customers" instead of "Sites". These terms will be used more or less interchangeably in the documentation.
The Hub provides new and additional features to many existing Cloud Console options.
The question mark in the top right of the Hub, beside your account name, contains the following information to help support you if needed:
View release notes: provides the release notes for the latest version of the Avast Business Cloud Console
Contact our Support: allows you to submit a technical support ticket directly from the Console, and provides phone numbers if you would prefer to call our Business Technical Support representatives
Version number: displays the current version number for the Cloud Console, which you can click to view the Cloud Console Status Page
The Partner Hub will also include a link to the Partner Portal in this section.
In preparation for future integrations between third-party services our customers use and the Hub, the Integrations section has been added. Access it by clicking the cog at the top right, then Integrations.
Avast has finalized integration with ConnectWise Automate. For more information, see Integrating the Business Hub with ConnectWise Automate.
- Click + Add a new integration
- Enter a name for the integration
- Click Generate Secret
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret into your configuration
- Once you close this screen, you will not be able to view the secret again. If you need a new secret, click the three dots beside the integration on the list, click Generate New Secret, then add this to your configuration.
On the left-hand navigation pane, you can select any of the sites/customers in the drop-down list to be provided more specific details for that site/customer. You will also see links to their Cloud Console. All company-level tabs (Dashboard, Devices, Users, Account) will also populate with the customer's information.
The Company Dashboard displays an overview of all managed sites/customers along with their device statuses (safe, vulnerable, in danger), in use/available licenses, and the last time the site/customer user logged in to their Cloud Console. Clicking the plus sign allows you to view and resolve, if required, any alerts on the sites'/customers' devices. For more information, see Managing Alerts.
You can also click on the three dots to the right of a site's/customer's Last Login date to view more options:
Open site/company console: opens the site's/company's Cloud Console in a new tab
Manage Policies: opens the site's/company's Cloud Console in a new tab to the Policies page, allowing you to manage their Policies
Manage Subscriptions: opens the site's/company's Cloud Console in a new tab to the Subscriptions page, allowing you to manage their Subscriptions
View Account: opens the Account tab for the selected site/customer within the Company Console
Delete Customer: deletes the site's/customer's account and removes all devices and account data
There is not yet a Devices page specifically for Companies/Partners to see an overview of all sites/customers. However, you can select a site/customer from the drop-down menu to view their devices. This will display device names, status and alerts, operating system, assigned group, assigned policy, Antivirus version, Patch Management subscription, Premium Remote Control subscription, and the time the device was last connected to the Cloud Console.
Options on the right-hand side allow you to view the Groups, add a new device, complete other actions for selected devices, expand all device drop-downs, change table density, export device list, and refresh the list.
You can view details for a site's/customer's device by clicking the device name in the list. Within this section you can resolve alerts, send restart or scan commands, use Premium Remote Control to connect to the device, change the policy or group, and more.
You can also click on the three dots to the right of a device's Last Seen date in the Devices list, or select multiple devices and click More above the table, to view additional options:
- > Change Group: select a different Group for the device (see Moving Devices Between Groups)
- > Change Policy: select a different Policy for the device (see Assigning Policies)
- > Change Service Subscription: select a different Subscription for Antivirus and other features, such as Patch Management (see Applying Licenses to Devices)
- > Update AV Virus Definitions Version: manually update the virus definitions version (see Update Antivirus Tasks for Devices)
- > Update AV Program Version: manually update the Antivirus program version (see Update Antivirus Tasks for Devices)
- > Full System Antivirus Scan: manually start a Full System Scan on the device (see Configuring Files and Programs Scanned by Antivirus)
- > Advanced Antivirus Scans: manually configure and start an advanced scan (boot time, custom) on the device (see Configuring Files and Programs Scanned by Antivirus)
- > Patch Scan: manually scan for missing patches on the device (see Scanning Devices for Missing Patches)
Deploy Missing Patches: manually deploy all missing patches on the device (see Deploying Missing Patches)
Shutdown: send a command to shut down the device (see Shutting Down and Restarting Devices)
Remove and Uninstall: send a command to remove Antivirus from the device and the Console (see Removing Devices from Your Network)
Restart: send a command to restart the device (see Shutting Down and Restarting Devices)
The addition of a Hub required some changes to the way users and accounts are described.
- Global Admin: user(s) who are able to manage their customers' networks
- Company/Partner: the company administrator(s) managing other sites/customers, made up of Global Admins
- Site/Customer: the company that is managed by the Company/Partner and its Global Admins
- Site/Customer User: user(s) tied to a specific Site/Customer who cannot access the Hub, and can only manage or view a company from the normal Cloud Console (assigned either the Viewer or Admin roles as seen in Viewer versus Administrator Permissions).
- Site/Customer Users can be tied to multiple Sites/Customers, and will utilize Account Switching (see Managing Companies).
Global Admins can create new Sites/Customers to manage from the Hub's Dashboard. These Sites/Customers will have their own Cloud Console, but no access to the Hub. From the Dashboard with no customer selected in the left-hand pane, click + Site/Customer, fill in the details, then click Create Site/Customer.
Global Admins can invite other users to also be Global Admins for the same Company/Partner they fall under, or can invite users as Site Users under a specific Customer (Company). From the Users page with no customer selected in the left-hand pane, click + User, fill in the details, then click Send Invitation.
If Site/Customer User is selected, you must also select whether the new Site/Customer User has Admin access, Viewer Access, or No Access to the various Sites/Customers you can manage. Site/Customer Users can have varying levels of access to different Sites/Customers, and will utilize Account Switching in their Cloud Console to switch between them.
Lastly, Global Admins can create what are essentially self-managed Customers who will not be able to be managed from the Hub. In the top-right of the Console click your name, then Your Profile. You will see the details for your account and the companies you can access and/or manage.
To create another company which will have its own standalone Cloud Console and will not be managed by the Hub, click + Create Company, fill in the details, then click Create Company. You will be assigned as an Admin and will be able to use Account Switching in the Cloud Console to view the new company.