PROXIMANOVA-LIGHT.OTF PROXIMANOVA-LIGHTIT.OTF PROXIMANOVA-EXTRABLD.OTF PROXIMANOVA-BOLD.OTFPROXIMANOVA-BLACK.OTF
Get this font in here!
Remote Access Shield
This Article Applies to:
- Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
- Small Office Protection
Avast's Remote Access Shield protects your devices from Remote Desktop vulnerabilities with the following features:
- Choose who can remotely access the protected computer using Remote Desktop, blocking all other connection attempts
- Automatically block any brute-force attacks trying to crack the protected computer's credentials
- Automatically block connections attempting to use Remote Desktop exploits like BlueKeep to take control of the protected computer
- Automatically block Remote Desktop connections from high-risk IP addresses
- Get notifications about Remote Desktop connection attempts blocked by Avast
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is the most dominant cyber security attack vector, and the most common ways of using RDP to gain access to a computer are the following:
Brute-force attack: the attackers attempt to sign in to an account by using trial-and-error methods. These can include repeatedly trying to log in with commonly used or stolen credentials, leading to many failed sign-ins occurring over very short time frequencies, typically minutes or even seconds.
Unpatched OS: the operating system is vulnerable to known Remote Desktop exploits. An example is BlueKeep, which allows the attacker to run malicious code in the kernel memory of the server, taking control of the entire system.
Other Articles In This Section:
Exchange and Sharepoint Server Protection