PROXIMANOVA-LIGHT.OTF PROXIMANOVA-LIGHTIT.OTF PROXIMANOVA-EXTRABLD.OTF PROXIMANOVA-BOLD.OTFPROXIMANOVA-BLACK.OTF
Get this font in here!
Core Shields Settings
This Article Applies to:
- Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
- Small Office Protection
The core shields of your Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
These settings will propagate across all core shields of your Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
In this section of the settings, you can set the sensitivity of the core shields to low, medium, or high by dragging the slider.
The higher the sensitivity, the higher the protection, but also the potential for false positive malware detections. Reducing the sensitivity reduces the chance of false positive detections, but may also reduce the effectiveness of the shields.
Under the Malware and Potentially unwanted programs & tools tabs of the
- Fix automatically — Avast will automatically try to repair the infected file. If repair is not possible, the file will be either moved to Quarantine or deleted (for more information on Quarantine, see
- Ask — Avast will ask you what action to perform when an infected file is detected.
Potentially Unwanted Programs & Tools Tab
- Notify me about potentially unwanted programs — Avast will let you know if any PUPs have been installed on your device.
- Scan for tools — Avast will check for tools that could be used for accessing, controlling, or harming your device.
When enabling these options, decide how Avast will respond to the detections:
- Resolve automatically — Avast will automatically try to repair the file. If repair is not possible, the file will be either moved to Quarantine or deleted (for more information on Quarantine, see
- Ask me what to do — Avast will ask you what action to perform when a PUP is detected.
In addition to defining the core shields' sensitivity and actions to be taken upon malware/PUP detections, you can strengthen your device's security by enabling several other available features.
- Enable CyberCapture — Sends a file not recognized by
Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security or Small Office Protectionto Avast Threat Labs for further analysis. You can decide whether this action will be performed automatically or upon your approval.
- Enable Hardened Mode — Enhances the device's security further, using the information based on reputation services to determine which executable files are safe to open. This feature is recommended for less experienced users.
- Enable Anti-Rootkit Shield — Enables Avast to monitor hidden malicious threats in the system.
- Enable Anti-Exploit Shield (available when Anti-Rootkit Shield is enabled) — Enables Avast to detect and blocks malicious threats or processes in the memory from exploiting vulnerable applications on your device.
To configure settings for specific core shields, see the following articles:
Other Articles In This Section:
Configuring Antivirus Exceptions