Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Avast Business CloudCare
The Cloud Backup Service allows partners to backup their customer's individual files or capture an image of an entire disk. Backup plans are available at as little as 25GB up to 1024GB with an optional automatic upgrade plan in increments of 25GB. This service will perform incremental backups after initial backup on a scheduled basis. During the set up of this service a 30 day trial may be offered. Currently, this service can only be billed on a monthly basis.
This service is only available to partners, but self-managed users can still view the settings in the policy. Navigate to the Policies tab, then expand the Cloud Backup section.
In this section of the CloudCare portal you can select the files and folders to backup. Choose the types of files to backup by ticking the check box next to each file type.
Cloud Backup is enabled by default but the "Override the local client configuration - this policy will override any settings using the backup end-point client" option must be ticked for the policy to override the end-point client settings.
Select Folders to Back Up
- Logged on user's personal folders: will include Documents, Desktop, Favorites, Music, Pictures, and Videos. This option excludes the following directories by default:
- C:\Program Files
- C:\Program Files (x86)
- %Temp% (system temporary directory)
- Client installation folder
- Client Cache folder
- Client Temp folder
- Client Packages folder
- Client Logs folders
- To back up any of these directories, you must select the manually select folders option when selecting the folders to back up.
- All files and folders: will include everything except directories added to the Skip Folders list. To add to this list, click Skip Folders, enter the exact path and press the plus sign, then click Ok
- Manually select folders: will only include the directories added to the Select Folders list. To add to this list, click Select Folders, enter the exact path and press the plus sign, then click Ok
Select the Type of Files to Back Up
This option is only necessary if you chose Logged on user's personal folders or All files and folders in the previous section. You can choose to back up any or all of the following file types: Documents, Images, Music, Video, and Custom.
- Documents: abd, accdb, adr, chm, csv, dbx, dic, dif, djvu, doc, dochtml, docm, docmhtml, docx, docxml, dot, dotx, dotxml, dpx, eml, exc, fad, fdf, fphtml, gdb, gra, grd, hcx, htm, html, ibank, keynote, mapimail, mbx, mda, mdb, mde, msf, msg, nick, nkz, npc, numbers, oab, odb, odf, odp, ods, odt, one, ost, pab, pages, pce,pdf, pot, potm, potx, ppa, pps, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx, pst, qba, qbb, qbw, qdb, qdf, qdt, qel, qif, qmd, qph, qpw, qsd, qtx, rtf, rwz, scp, sxc, sxi, sxw, t04, t05, t06, t07, t08, t09, tax, tdb, toc, txt, url, wab, wdb, webbookmark, webloc, wks, wpd, wps, wtx, xlr, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xlt, xltm, xltx, xlw, xml
- Images: ai ,bmp, cr2,crw, dib, dng, emf, fppiclib, gif, icl,icns, icon, jfif,jp2, jpe,jpeg, jpg, mac, mrw, nef, odg, pct, pcx, pdp, pef, pic, pict, png, pnt, pntd, psd, pspimage, qti, qtif, rle, svg, tga, tif, tiff, wdp, wmd, wmf, xcf
- Music: aa3, aac, acm ,afc, aif, aifc, aiff, amr, ape, at3, au, cda, emp, emx, flac, gpx, iff, m4a, m4b, m4p, m4r, mid, midi, mp3, mpa, nmw, oga, ogg, rmi, snd, wav, wm, wma, wmx, wpl, wvx
- Videos: 3g2, 3gp, asf, asx, avi, divx, dvr-ms, f4v, flv, m2v, m4v, mfp, mkv, mlv, mod, mov, mp2, mp2v, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpeg4, mpg, mpv2, msdvd, mswmm, ogv, qt, ram, rm, rmvb, spd, swf, vob, wmv, xvid
- Custom: specify any extensions for priority backup manually. Separate by a white space, semicolon, or comma. Wildcards are not accepted.
Restrict Files Backed Up by Size
This option is only necessary if you chose Logged on user's personal folders or All files and folders. You can choose to skip files smaller than a chosen size (0 bytes, for example) and/or skip files larger than a chosen size (5 megabytes, for example). The file size options in the drop-down menus are B, KB, MB, GB, and TB.
Policy changes will not take effect until the next scheduled backup occurs. Use the Backup Now option in the Device Details section or from the endpoint client to force policy changes to take effect immediately.
Select the frequency of the Cloud Backup schedule. You can choose from the following options:
- Hourly: will run a backup every x number of hours. You can enter the number of hours between backups in the Day and Time box
- If the Hourly option is selected during setup, the initial backup will start on the next hour.
- Daily: will run a backup every day. You can select the start time and end time, which can be either until interrupted/finished or until a specific time, in the Day and Time box
- Weekly: will run a backup every week on a specific day. You can select the day of the week, as well as the start and end time, which can be either until interrupted/finished or until a specific time, in the Day and Time box
- Monthly: will run a backup every month on a specific numerical day of the month. You can select the day of the month, as well as the start and end time, which can be either until interrupted/finished or until a specific time, in the Day and Time box.
- For Monthly backups, we do not recommend selecting the 29th, 30th or 31st day of the month for the backup, as these dates do not occur every single month.
Once all of your changes have been made, click Save & Apply to Devices/Customers in the top right.
Other Articles In This Section: