This Article Applies to:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
If you are working with Avast Business Technical Support to diagnose performance or compatibility issues with Avast and AVG Business products, you may be asked to provide a small memory dump file from your device. This is the smallest type of dump file (~64 KB) and includes the basic data of system memory.
- Log into the device as an administrator or user with administrator permissions
- Download and open avkb58.zip
- Double-click the avkb58 folder, then double-click SmallCrashOnCtrlScroll.reg
- Select Run in the Security Warning dialog, and click Yes to allow the application to make changes to your device
- Click Yes, then Ok to apply the necessary changes to your Windows registry
- Restart your device, log in with administrator permissions, and wait until the system or program freezes again
- Manually force a crash by holding down
CTRLon the right side of your keyboard and pressing
- Your device will display a blue screen and generate a memory dump before restarting
- If your device does not restart automatically, press the Reset or Power button
- Log in with administrator permissions and locate the latest minidump file (
After generating the file, please send it to support for analysis. If you cannot attach it in response to one of the emails sent from Business Technical Support, you can upload it to our FTP server. See Submitting Larger Files via FTP Server for more information.