Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
- Small Office Protection
Network Rules are the final level of Firewall rule evaluation, meaning they are utilized only if the connection does not fit any Basic or Application rules.
You cannot edit, delete, disable, or change the priorities for default network rules. Default network rules are marked with the lock icon.
Adding Network Rules
- Open the Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
orSmall Office Protection client UI
- Navigate to Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Firewall
- Click View Firewall Rules, then select the Network Rules tab
- Click More in the top right, then Add new rule
- Enter a unique name for the rule, then do the following:
- Select the Action the Firewall will take if using the rule, between Allow or Block
- Under Protocol, change All to the correct protocol, such as UDP (17)
- Select the connection Direction the rule will apply to, between In, Out, and In/Out
- Add IP Address (if applicable) and Local and Remote Port numbers (you may use commas for different port numbers, or a hyphen for a port range)
- Select the Firewall Network Profile the rule will apply to, between All, Private, or Public
- When you are done adding rules, click Save
We recommend moving the new custom network rule to the top of the list so the local Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
Other Articles In This Section: