Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
- Small Office Protection
Application Rules are specifically meant to control the access for various applications that may run on your devices. You can configure these by navigating to Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Firewall and then clicking View firewall rules.
Adding Application Rules
Application rules will be added as new applications run on your device and Firewall Blocks or Allows their connections. You can edit these rules for your applications as necessary.
- Open the Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security
orSmall Office Protection client UI
- Navigate to Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Firewall
- Click Show firewall rules, then the Application Rules tab
- Click the drop-down to the right of the application rule you need to alter
- Do one of the following:
- Click delete (trash bin) to delete one of the existing packet rules
- Click edit (pencil) to edit one of the existing packet rules
- Click Add new rule to add a new packet rule
- For adding or editing a rule, make any required alterations to the Name, Action, Protocol, Direction, Address, Local Port, Remote Port, and/or Profile
- Click Save
Custom Application Rules
- Click the application rule you need to alter
- Click Packet Rules
- Make any required alterations to the Action, Protocol, Direction, Address, Local Port, and/or Remote Port for each rule
- Click Ok
Other Articles In This Section: