Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Avast Small Business Solutions
- Avast Small Office Protection
You will receive notifications when threats are detected as they occur via a pop-up that also details the action taken to resolve the threat.
You can report a false positive to Avast. However, this may not prevent new detections unless you also add the false threat as an exception. For more information, see
Most threats detected by Avast will be sent to Quarantine on the device for you to review and either restore or delete. You can access Quarantine by going to Protection > Quarantine in the UI.
Actions in Quarantine
Once you are on the Quarantine screen, you can choose to delete the threat or perform other actions:
- Restore: Sends the threat back to where it was detected
- Restore and add exception: Sends the threat back to where it was detected and adds an exception for that threat so it will not be detected again
- Extract: Pulls the detected threat and restores it to a location you can select
- Send for analysis: Sends the file to Avast to look over the file and see if it is a false positive or should be added to the virus definitions
Other Articles In This Section: