This Article Applies to:
- Business Hub
- Avast Business On-Premise Console
If you have configured the Avast Boot-Time Scan without allowing for the scan to be canceled, you can bypass the scan on the end device using the following steps:
- Boot in to the Windows installation media in order to access the recovery options
- Select Troubleshoot, then Command Prompt
- In the Command Prompt window, type
bcdeditand hit Enter
- To locate the drive letter of the Windows installation, verify the osdevice under Windows Boot Loader:
regeditin the Command Prompt and hit Enter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then click File ▸ Load Hive...
- Navigate to the %systemroot%\System32\Config directory
- Select the SYSTEM file and click Open
- Enter a key name, such as test, and click Ok. The hive should successfully load
- Expand the loaded hive and navigate to ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager
- Double-click BootExecute, or right-click and select Modify
You should see something similar to the content below:
- Remove the line beginning with
aswBoot.exe, leaving the other entries, and click Ok
- In most cases, the user will only have autocheck autochk * in the Value data
- Navigate back to the loaded hive and select it, then click File ▸ Unload Hive...
- Close the Registry Editor and Command Prompt, and select Continue to boot to the operating system. The system will now boot normally, bypassing the Boot-time scan.
For future Boot-time scanning, ensure that the option to cancel is checked when configuring the scan via your Console.
Business Hub and Cloud Console
For more information, see Scanning Devices and Configuring Files and Programs Scanned by Antivirus.
Other Articles In This Section: