PROXIMANOVA-LIGHT.OTF PROXIMANOVA-LIGHTIT.OTF PROXIMANOVA-EXTRABLD.OTF PROXIMANOVA-BOLD.OTFPROXIMANOVA-BLACK.OTF
Get this font in here!
Setting Up Master Agents and Local Update Servers
This Article Applies to:
- Avast Business CloudCare
Master Agent Overview
You can set up devices to act as Master Agents for other devices. Master Agents store identical copies of update files that reside on Avast's update servers. Other devices that you manage through the portal can download update files from Master Agents instead of contacting the Avast Update Servers.
Once you select a device to be a Master Agent, that device receives program updates and virus definitions over the web. You can then define which devices and groups use the device to update by selecting that mirror or Local Update Server in any policy. If you set up multiple Master Agents, your devices can update from another even if one is unavailable.
Only Windows devices can become Master Agents.
You will have to add a device before you can set it up as a Master Agent. See Adding Devices to Your Network for more details.
The device you use as a Master Agent must:
- be online at all times
- have a static IP address
- be updated to the most current version of the Antivirus client
We highly recommend you choose a server device for your Master Agent.
- From the Devices tab, click Set Agents in the left-hand navigation pane
- In the Set Master Agent box, click the drop-down arrow beside each WAN group to see the available devices. Devices running macOS will not be shown in this list
- Select the radial buttons beside the Agent options for your chosen device(s):
- Set Update Agent will allow the device to push updates and service installation files to other devices in the network, including Patch Management updates.
- Set Scanning Agent will allow the device to scan the network for available devices
- Click Save
A Master Agent for Remote Deployment should be set as both an Update and a Scanning Agent.
Local Update Servers
Devices that are acting as a Master Agent during remote deployment can also be used as Local Update Servers for Program and Virus Definition updates. A local update server will download updates from Avast servers, and other devices on the network can then download updates from that device. In general, devices will automatically be set to use Master Agents as Local Update Servers, unless they are specifically set to use Avast servers only.
If more than one Master Agent/Local Update Server is available, devices will use a network ping to choose the closest Local Update Server for downloading the updates.
Adding Devices to Your Network