This Article Applies to:
- Avast Business Antivirus
- Small Office Protection
A Business environment has different needs than those of consumers, and therefore certain components are not recommended for use in such a network even though they are available in Avast Business Antivirus
Recommended for Business Environments
The following components should be uninstalled completely or disabled by setting the sliders to Off:
- Real Site
- Wi-Fi Inspector
If these components are not removed, you may encounter instability in the network, slower computer operation, or errors. For more information about how to disable or uninstall components, see Enabling and Disabling Components.
Recommended for Servers
Avast Business Antivirus only
The recommendations for the various types of servers vary, but in general you should allow only a few components to be active to avoid interfering with server processes.
Types of Servers
- File: stores and distributes files. Multiple clients or users may share files stored on a server
- Application: runs applications in lieu of client computers running applications locally, and often runs resource-intensive applications that are shared by a large number of users
- DNS: application servers that provide name resolution to client computers
- Email: receives emails sent to a user and stores them until requested by a client on behalf of said user
- Web: hosts programs and data requested by users across the Internet or an intranet
- Terminal: hosts applications, and has multiple profiles set on the server
- Sharepoint: provides content management and collaboration capabilities seamlessly integrated with Office applications
Recommendations for Components
Aside from the recommendations above for Business Environments, these are the components that should be allowed for the various server types:
- File Server: Normal Setup
- Application Server: Normal Setup
- DNS Server: Only File Shield
- Email Server: Exchange component and File Shield only
- Web Server: File and Web Shield
- Terminal Server: Only File Shield
- Sharepoint: Sharepoint component and File Shield only
Components should be uninstalled completely or disabled on servers by setting the sliders to Off, or by not installing them on the device entirely via the policy.
If these components are not removed, you may encounter instability in the server environment or errors. For more information about how to disable or uninstall components, see Enabling and Disabling Components.