This Article Applies to:
- Business Hub
- Avast Business Cloud Console
- Avast Business On-Premise Console
Device Scans are a key component to the protection of your devices with Avast Business Antivirus. The more often your users download files from the web or install software, the more often you should perform scans. The more often you perform scans, the more likely you will catch malicious threats before they do damage to your devices and networks.
You can create a task to run regularly scheduled scans on your network at non-peak times so that your users’ work is not interrupted via Policies, or one-time immediate scans via the Devices page within the Cloud Console
You can only create one-time immediate tasks via the Devices page in the Hub at this time. See Creating and Deleting Tasks (Business Hub and Avast Business Management Consoles).
Recurring, scheduled scans can be configured in Policies. If you would like to create one-time scan tasks for your devices, see Creating and Deleting Tasks (Business Hub and Avast Business Management Consoles).
- Navigate to the Policies page
- Click the policy you would like to add scheduled scans to
- Select the Antivirus Scans tab
- Configure the following for both Quick Scan and Full System Scan:
- Frequency: choose between Daily, Weekly, and Monthly
- Day of the week/month: choose which day you would like the scan to run
- Start time: select which time of day you would like the scan to run
- When you are finished, click Apply Changes
Any threats that are detected during this scan are usually sent to the device's Virus Chest. You can view and manage these detections in Device Details. For more information see
For details on how to create one-time tasks for specific devices or your entire network, see Creating and Deleting Tasks (Business Hub and Avast Business Management Consoles).
- Click Scan device.
- Select a type of scan:
- Quick Scan—Scans for common threats
- Full System Scan—Runs a detailed scan of every file on the device
- Removable Media Scan—Scans USBs and portable media connected to the device
- Custom Scan—Runs a scan where you choose the file types, sensitivity of the scan, performance, actions, and whether compressed files are included.
- Boot-time Scan (MS Windows only)—Runs a scan when the device boots up.
- If you chose Custom or Boot-time Scan, select the additional configuration options for your scan.
For more information see Configuring Files and Programs Scanned by Antivirus (Business Hub and Avast Business Management Consoles).
- If you would like the task to be recurring, select Schedule the scan and set the Frequency (one-time, daily, weekly, or monthly) and Schedule start date and time.
- Type a Custom name for the scan.
- Click Start Scan.
Any threats that are detected during this scan are usually sent to the device's Virus Chest. You can view and manage these detections in Device Details.