Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Business Hub
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Avast is removing Mobile Protection from the Business Hub. In January 2023, Mobile Protection will be removed from all Small Business Solutions subscriptions due to low adoption. If until then you need to apply the protection to another mobile device, copy the wallet key from the Subscriptions page and activate the service in the Mobile Security application directly.
As a user of Small Business Solutions managed via Business Hub, you will have the possibility to locally install Avast Mobile Security as well (until January 2023), at no extra charge, and use the same number of seats as you have purchased for your subscription. This means that if you have a subscription for 10 seats with Essential Business Security for instance, you can install Mobile Security on 10 mobile devices.
Please note that Mobile Security cannot be installed, managed, or monitored from within the Hub but locally, on end devices. Also, the Hub doesn't keep track of the number of mobile devices with Mobile Security installed, nor does it provide any other information related to Mobile Protection.
Component Overview by Operating System
|Hack Alerts/Identity Protection||X||X|
|Wi-Fi Speed Test||X|
|Web Shield/Web Protection||X||X|
|SecureLine VPN (standalone app)||X||X|
All available components are included with each subscription type except for the standalone SecureLine VPN app, which does not come with the Essential Business Security tier.
- File Scanner: Scans individual files and folders for security threats
- Photo Vault: Encrypts and hides selected photos, protecting access to them with a PIN
- Hack Alerts/Identity Protection: Warns user of potential leaks of sensitive information, such as passwords
- App Lock: Protects sensitive apps with a PIN, pattern, or fingerprint
- Anti-Theft: Protects stored data and helps recover a lost or stolen device
- Network Inspector: Checks connected Wi-Fi network for security issues, such as router and network vulnerabilities
- Scam Protection: Warns if links from emails or messaging apps are dangerous.
- Boost RAM: Closes apps running in the background
- Clean Junk: Safely frees up space on device
- Wi-Fi Speed Test: Checks connected Wi-Fi network download/upload speed
- Wi-Fi Protection: Uses VPN configuration to encrypt online traffic
- App Insights: Sets data usage limit and alerts when nearing limit
- Web Shield/Web Protection: Uses a local VPN profile to monitor ongoing internet communication and stop malicious connections
- VPN Protection: Provides anonymous browsing by encrypting traffic and offering multiple server locations
- SecureLine VPN (standalone app): Provides anonymous browsing by encrypting traffic and offering multiple server locations (comes with advanced settings)
Installing, Activating, and Managing Mobile Protection
Once users install and activate Mobile Protection on their devices, they will be able to use the above mentioned Antivirus features. For details on how to install, activate, and manage Mobile Security, see Android Mobile Protection in Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security and Small Office Protection and iOS Mobile Protection in Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security and Small Office Protection.
Other Articles In This Section: