This Article Applies to:
- AVG Business Cloud Console
Your devices must be scanned for missing patches before you will be able to approve any deployments or ignore specific patches. Just as with patch deployment, you can choose to scan for patches automatically or manually. The amount of time a scan for missing patches takes depends on the number of patches being searched for and the number of devices being scanned.
The Patch Scan scans all devices tied to the particular policy for missing software application updates (patches). After a scan is completed, the results for missing patches are displayed on the Patches page and under the Patch Results tab in Device Details.
Configuring Patch Scanning
For Patch Scanning, you can configure:
- Frequency: Daily, Weekly, or Monthly
- If you are performing monthly scans, please ensure the day of the month you’ve chosen occurs every month. For example, do not choose the 31st day of the month unless you specifically want to skip scanning on months without 31 days
- Time: a specific time of day you would like the scan to take place, down to the hour and minute of the scan start
Ad Hoc Scanning via Devices or Patches Page
If you would like to scan for patches manually, you can do so on either the Devices page or the Patches page. The process is similar for both pages.
- Navigate to either the Devices or the Patches page
- Do one of the following:
- For a single device, click the More button beside the device and click Scan for patches immediately
- For multiple devices, select the check boxes beside the device(s) and click Actions ▸ Scan for patches immediately
Wait while the patch scan command runs on the target device(s). Missing patches will be displayed on the Patches page.